Europe Wrestling Championship will take place from the 26th of April till 6th of May 2018 in the Palace of Sports and Youth named after Ali Aliev in Kaspiysk, the Republic of Daghestan.
The competitions will be held in four wrestling styles:
– greco-roman wrestling;
– freestyle wrestling;
– female wrestling.
For organizing and holding of “Europe Championship-2018” 250 volunteers in the age of 17 and older are required, preferably with knowledge of foreign languages: English and/or French.
The main requirements for candidates for volunteers are:
- Motivation to participate;
- Social skills;
- Readiness to learn;
- Readiness to work as a volunteer during a certain period of time, during the event;
- High tolerance for stress;
- Knowledge of a foreign language;
- Teamwork skills;
- Skills of working with representatives of different peoples and cultures.
After registration in the column “VOLUNTEERS” on the official website of “Europe Championship-2018”, volunteers are selected following the results of interview.
Based on the results of interview, volunteers are trained by specialists invited from Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “State University of Pyatigorsk” Volunteers Center “Profi-Soci-Lingua” in functional areas of activity.
Participants get a CERTIFICATE of a sports volunteer after the training.
– Transportation (the main task – to make sure that sportsmen and guests of “Europe Championship-2018” arrive at the correct place at the correct time);
– Accommodation (assistance in checking in and accommodation of sportsmen and guests of “Europe Championship-2018” in hotels);
– Arrivals and departures (to meet guests and participants of “Europe Championship-2018” in the places of arrival (airport, railway station, bus station), to help them pass all the necessary procedures quickly and comfortably);
– Service for mass media (volunteers of “Service for mass media” will be involved in the work of press-centers, will help make contacts and outreach activities with media representatives);
– Accreditation (registration of participants of “Europe Championship-2018” and issuing to them personal accreditation cards, without which one cannot get access to objects of “Europe Championship-2018”);
– Managing objects (volunteers of this functional area will provide comfortable residence of sportsmen and guests of “Europe Championship-2018”);
– Organizing of the sports competitions (volunteers will participate in organizing and holding of the sports events in four wrestling styles). Voluntary assistants will be involved in:
- Installation of the necessary equipment on the sports objects;
- Decorating the Palace of Sports named after Ali Aliev and “Anji-Arena”
- Assistance in installation and removal of constructions;
- Providing sports teams with all the necessities.
– Safety (assistance in ensuring public safety and order on sports objects during the championship);
– Cooperation with UWW (volunteers of “Cooperation with UWW” functional area will be accompanying members of International Wrestling Federation “United World Wrestling”. Their main task is to make sure that UWW members’ stay during the championship is comfortable. Volunteers are required to have such qualities as good knowledge of foreign languages, managerial abilities, operational efficiency and diplomacy);
– Ceremonies (volunteers of “Ceremonies” functional area will lend assistance to sportsmen and officials, ensure effective fulfillment of their duties. They will be involved in the most important events of Europe Championship-2018: opening and closing ceremonies, awarding ceremony);
– Food organizing services (volunteers will make sure that the food courts are clean and in full accord with accepted standards);
– Viewers organizing services (volunteers of this functional area will be responsible for viewers’ acceptance on the objects of “Europe Championship-2018” and for creating friendly and festive atmosphere. They will have to work in the drop-off zone, VIP zone, backstage and on the tribunes. These volunteers should have good social skills and positive attitude);
– Services for national wrestling federations (volunteers of this functional area will lend assistance to delegations, heads of the delegations, sportsmen, coaches, and also representatives of International Federations. The main task of a volunteer is to make sure that the guests are comfortable throughout the period of holding of “Europe Championship-2018”).